This is us coming back with babies after court. O happy day!
Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. We're resting here on our bed with our two beautiful, tired, squirmy, wide-eyed babies next to us--enjoying the hilarious antics they're coming up with to avoid sleep (Evie doing some very forced, but very cute, giggle--at what exactly we don't know). They seem to feel as we do; they don't want to miss a moment of this happy happy day, which is now drawing to a close. But today is just beginning for you all--Happy Independence Day!
So, the custody hearing went off without a hitch. It involved lots of nerves and waiting, and the judge was a very stern woman, but she decided in our favor without much deliberation, and we happily went off to the infant ward to see (and bring home) our new son and daughter! Our housemates Doug and Janet had been planning a party for the Fourth, which is also their son Dylan's birthday, and, of course, they knew we would have something to celebrate too. All the adopting families in town came and brought something to eat and drink. Our Kazakh friend, Makhabbat, outdid us all and brought three traditional Kazhak musicians with their dhombras!
What better welcome for the twins than to be serenaded by Kazhak girls at a big birthday party!

We all had a great time, and Jesse didn't miss out on anything (Evie, though she tried with all her might to stay awake, finally just passed out). This has been an amazing and blissful day, better than we can express.
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
praise him in the heights!
Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his host!
Praise him, sun and moon;
praise him, all you shining stars!
Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for he commanded and they were created.
He established them for ever and ever;
he fixed their bounds, which cannot be passed.
Praise the Lord from the earth,
you sea monsters and all deeps,
fire and hail, snow and frost,
stormy wind fulfilling his command!
Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
Wild animals and all cattle,
creeping things and flying birds!
Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
Young men and women alike,
old and young together!
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for his name alone is exalted;
his glory is above earth and heaven.
He has raised up a horn for his people,
praise for all his faithful,
for the people of Israel who are close to him.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 148 (NRSV)
Woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo!! Praise him is right! I am soooooo unbeliveably happy for you all. I was anxiously awaiting the news. I called mom, I called dad, I checked the blog, I checked my email. I love you guys and wish you so much happiness! They are all yours!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy, happy day! We're both sitting here grinning at the screen. I feel like I should say happy birthday, for surely today is the beginning of a new life for all four of you.
May you always be as blessed as you are today.
Lots of love,
Us.
I woke up and was talking to Andre when I said "oh my goodness.. today's the day..." the I said "oh wait it's already happened!!" we ran to the computer.. and yes it has happened while we were sleeping.. can't wait to see you all!!!
ReplyDeletemuch love
Andre and Emily
Thanks be to God! So thrilled for all of you!
ReplyDeleteWe are so very happy for you and know you must feel relieved and glad to be on the other side of the process.
ReplyDeleteNow to the part of being full time parents, the good, bad and the ugly.
You will have heavenly days and hellish days, but EVERY night when you tuck them in and see their little angelic faces and know that they were meant for you to have them to share a life with, it will all be worth what you have gone through today, everyday and every moment.
They are so lucky to have you come and get them to take them home.
What a beautiful family you have. I'm utterly delighted for you all. Happy Independence Day. Happy Day.
ReplyDeleteBrent and Susan,
ReplyDeleteIt brought tears to my eyes to see the picture of the four of you today. I didn't used to be like this, I think Leah may have something to do with it. :) May your new family be blessed! Evie and Jess are so blessed to have parents that will love on them like you two do!
Gena
Oh wow!! Tears in the eyes. Congratulations!! What an awesome sight to see both of you, outside, with your babies!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad court went well for you. What an awesome happy day!
(And since I'm a little late in checking the blog, I hope you had a good first night too!)
Congrats!! It must feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders. Now you can really start enjoying your babes 24/7!
ReplyDeleteSave up this unbridled joy for the years ahead. The first time one of the kids, say, dings mom's car or pierces something best left alone, it wouldn't hurt to have this post to look back at!
Congratulations Brent and Susan! Such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteJust think of how many times the kids will ask you to tell the story. "Tell it again! Tell how you got us!" Love to all of you!
ReplyDeleteWe just got back in town from our trip out to Hermann. I could not wait to read about court . . . and look, everything went off without a hitch! YEA! You guys look great and happy. Congratulations, B-T Family of Four!
ReplyDeleteHi there, We were away for the weekend and as soon as we got back I thought I'd better check to see if you had good news, we are sooo excited to see that you did! Congratulations! We are very happy for the four of you and as always wish you nothing but the best! Lots of love, Renee, Rob, Ben & Thomas
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see all of you again! I am SO happy that the court date went okay. Love and blessings, Teresa+
ReplyDelete