Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home

I'll write more soon, but just a quick post to say we arrived home in one piece physically--but mentally fragmented into tiny bits. The flight was utter hell. Brent and I slept about 2 hours out of 26. One of our flights was delayed, so we missed the transatlantic connection. And half of our luggage is still MIA.

Since we've been home things have remained hectic as a result of the fact that (a) lots of things we'd like to have (like the formula for the twins, the power cord for my computer) is in that lost luggage, (b) our children are still on Kazakh time and so want to sleep during the day and play during the night (makes it hard to catch up on that sleep--especially since I don't like to nap and Brent has returned to work), and (c) everything is new to the twins all over again and so they are clearly overwhelmed. It's like we've started all over again with them. No schedule and no clue what they're going to want or need next. So we're back to winging it. The good news, however, is that Mom and Marv are here helping out and I now know from our first time through this that things will improve pretty quickly. We'll find our feet.

In the meantime, it is good to be home.

I'll post something proper once I get my bearings.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. Relieved that your family is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God. And blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you poor things! I hope you get some rest and settled into your new routine soon.

    welcome home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I feel for you, I really do.

    I hope your luggage is found and returned all in one piece.

    Thanks for updating us. I've been checking every day.

    Oh yeah. :-) And WELCOME HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched another set of parents become exasperated with their little ones on a short 2 hour flight the other day and I thought of you guys and said a prayer. Man that must have been hard! We're so glad that you're home! Hopefully, all the pieces will fall into place soon. May God multiply the hours that you DO sleep. --Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. every day or so i think of you, come check your blog, and then chuckle that you have apparently not yet surfaced from new-parenthood-reality!

    i hope your sleepless blur comes into focus soon...

    love from all. thinking of you & B & E & J.

    ReplyDelete