Wednesday, November 5, 2008

StrongMan Gets First Haircut

There is much to report relating to all the events of this past week, but before I get to that (stay tuned for future posts) I wanted to share a couple of stories about the J-man.

"Strong-man"

For some time now, Jess has this crazy antic that we've come to call his "strong-man". He stiffens all his muscles--arms straight out in front of him, fingers spread wide--bulges his eyes out and makes a sort of grunting sound. Initially, it was rather disturbing, we thought maybe he was having some kind of seizure (not kidding, when we described it to the pediatrician she ordered an EEG--thankfully, it turned out to be normal). Now, however, it's clear that it's just something that he does when excited. Now that we've given it a label, he'll do it--or some crazy version of it--on command. 

Strong man!

First Haircut


In order to be presentable on the occasion of his first birthday and at his baptism, Jess really needed to get a haircut. For some reason I kept postponing it, but looking at these (before/after) pictures now I can see it was overdue.

Here's Jess's morning-time bedhead.  (It was on this day that it became perfectly clear that a haircut was in order.)






And here's Jess in the chair just before his haircut.













TA-DA! 
Oh what a handsome little man!

5 comments:

  1. What a funny (and handsome) little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome guy! You're right, the haircut looks awesome!

    The strongman thing is very cute- now that we know it's just an expression- whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am torn. I LOVED his little fluffy curls. But he looks sooo cute in his new hair cut. He looks like a big boy!

    I must say I am NOT a fan at all of some of the celebrity toddler boys' long hair. When I read their mom's/parents comments about their 3-4 year olds not wanting a haircut, so they don't get them one. Give me a break. You don't get a vote for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan and Brent!

    Would you believe that Jess isn't the only one that does that sort of strong-man thing? Leah does it too. She does it when she is excited also. At first I thought she had some sort of anxiety issue. :) We need to get the kiddos together.


    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan and Brent,

    I'm just getting caught up on your blog! I can't believe how much they are growing up!

    I know what you mean about the haircut. I held off also (finally got it cut jan 1st) and now I wonder why I waited so long!

    Glad to see you guys are doing so well. Miss you!

    Jon, Angie, Evan

    ReplyDelete