It's now been two weeks since The Big Weekend (of Jesse and Evelyn's birthday and baptism), but there is so much to tell, so many pictures to sort through, and so little time (since I'm now back to work). In order to get it done, I've decided to break it into three installments. This is the first. (Obviously.)
One of the most wonderful things about the weekend was getting to spend it with our families and getting to introduce Eves and Jess to them. Indeed, October has turned out to be Meet The Family month. The first weekend of October, Jeff (my bro), Janice, and Ellie, and Lucy came. The very day they left my mom (aka "Memaw") came for two weeks. Then, shortly after my mom left--the Tuesday before Halloween--Linda, Brent's mom (aka "Grammy" or "Grandma") arrived; on the day after that, Wednesday, the Harts--Lisa (Brent's sis), her husband, David, and their girls Allie, and Claire--arrived; on the day after that, Thursday, Nicole (my sis), her daughter, Hannah, and my sister-in-law, Emily arrived! This latter bunch came in to celebrate Halloween (aka the twins' first birthday) and All Saints' Sunday (aka the twins' baptism) with us. It was a busy weekend, but buzzing with lots and lots of fun.
Let me show and tell a little about the weekend with the family (skipping over the Main Events--i.e. the birthday celebration and baptism, which I leave for upcoming posts)
The Hart clan hit it off with the twins too! It was hard to choose just a few pics, but here are some of my favorites.
It's amazing to see Allie and Claire with the kids, amazing to me that they are already such big girls. This is the part that makes living so far away from family difficult--missing so much of that growing up time. This visit really brought that home to me. Although they are turning out to be such lovely people, it made me feel sad that they are already so mature. I made them promise to slow down and not grow up so fast.
Anyhow, it was so so cool to have her and Hannah here. We have such a cute video that shows Hannah in action, playing peek-a-BOO (with a real loud emphasis on the 'BOO' part) with Jess.
Hannah hard at work.
On Friday, (before the b-day party) we went to Cafe Ventana in the morning, and then to the Botanical gardens in the afternoon. I don't actually have any pictures from this day.

On Saturday, during the day, folks had fun at the City Museum:



On Saturday evening, we had our nanny come over to look after the kids while the grownups went for a leisurely dinner at our favorite brewery in downtown St. Louis--the Tap Room.
On Sunday, after the baptism, we spent the afternoon at the Zoo. In keeping with the rest of the weekend it was a gorgeous day, so it was nice to spend it outside. As you'll see, we had a nice time.Here's all the kids!
I love this final picture, everyone is in motion. Kinda captures what the weekend was like.It was a great weekend! A great month.
Very nice! Looks like you had a lot of fun. That video was hysterical! We loved it (Brett came in to watch it cause I was laughing so hard). Much love~
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great and busy month! I can't believe the twins are a year old already! Seems like just a few weeks ago you were flying to Kaz.
ReplyDeleteYou guys have lots of wonderful family. That's awesome. Can't wait to see the next installments. :-)
Sounds like the months we have had with each of our boys!!! :) haha! The kids are getting so big! I love updates!
ReplyDeleteChristel
That was soo funny with the BOO! Right up ol Jess's alley! How fun! Looks like such a great time! I can't wait to see Halloween costumes! Meemaw
ReplyDelete