Hello all! We're behind in posting today...Don't know where the time goes exactly.Our day started out a bit crazily because we found out at the last minute that we had to meet the Minister of Education for a brief interview before the visitation period could officially begin. We had only a few minutes notice so had to gather our thoughts quickly.
It was an interesting meeting. Needless to say, we were nervous. He was a very serious, no-nonsense guy, but at bottom he was friendly. He asked (via interpreter) all kinds of questions ranging from, what do we do for a living, to why we want to adopt, to the price of beef in the US, to whether our part of the country is much like the terrain in Kokshetau. In the end, I have to say, I rather enjoyed this meeting. It seems clear to me that he is very concerned about the welfare of these children and so interested in trying to get a sense for the people (and the their lifestyle) who come to adopt. It's neat that he meets one-on-one with every single family that comes here to adopt.
Today was, then, the first day of our 14 day visitation period. We were taken to the room that we'll use for the rest of our time here (I think). Evelyn was brought first again. A quiet, calm presence again, but more engaged and while she was not 'smiley', she seemed to be happy to see us (ask me how I know this if she didn't smile or coo? I dunno, I could just tell...). About five minutes later we could hear Jess coming from down the hall, nurse laughing Jess laughing. That little guy was pretty wound up by the time he got in there! I wasn't sure the nurse would hand him over!
Here are some snapshots from the visit. You know, it's kind of hard to get lots of good, carefully thought out pictures when each of us are holding a baby! This is what we managed:

Sleeping Beauties.This was supposed to be a family shot, but you can't see Evelyn!

Very cute photos! It does look like they are well fed! I bet it is hard to get those family shots with 2 wiggling babies.
ReplyDeleteGlad the meeting went well. The price of beef?! Oh boy. We are in trouble!
They are absolutely gorgeous! Keep the pictures coming - your happiness with those children is just contagious. What a great looking family!
ReplyDeleteIt is so much a part of our lives now to wait for the daily update! We just count the minutes! Did you tell him beef doesn't count much in your life? Love you guys and just love seeing you all there with your babies.
ReplyDeleteWill says...that's quite a girl. Does she speak English yet? Good, me neither. Is she available? Good, me too...
ReplyDeleteI WANT A MASSAGE! I'm pretty sure my mom didn't massage me, that's probably what's wrong with me today! It looks like you're having such a good time!
ReplyDeleteI guess he didn't ask the price of gas?
Keep the pictures coming, it's just exciting everyday waiting to see the B-T Bunch!
I love both the massage pic and the one with the rolls! I love baby rolls! :-)
ReplyDelete