That's a lot of visits, huh? Though at only 2 and 1/2 hours per visit not, in the end, a lot of time. Really, we've spent just a little over two days together. I sometimes wonder what Jess and Evelyn think--who exactly are these people that show up and leave each day?
When we were nearing the hospital today, I could hear what sounded like loud screeching/crying. I said to mom "that sounds like it's coming from Jess and Evie's room." When we got to the door it was clear that there was some kind of loud loud crying coming from one of the kids--couldn't tell which. So, worriedly I rushed in the door and around the corner...
...to find an empty room and my soft-spoken, solemn little girl entertaining herself by cheerfully screeching at the top of her lungs. She appeared to be giving the critters that hang from her mobile a piece of her mind! Cat is outta the bag: this whole "quiet girl" thing is clearly just an act.
Both kiddos were in good spirits today. Both seem to be feeling well. Our time together passed more quickly than usual.
Jess and Evie are still working at sitting up on their own. Jess is a little closer.
A Handful!
This last picture represents me trying to handle entertaining Eves while Jess is finishing his bottle. In order to foster attachment and bonding, I prefer to do all the care-taking type activities (such as feeding, changing, dressing, rocking/comforting the babies--mom joins in with playtime and often holds one of them during nap time). Usually, Jess is very hungry and fussy by the time the bottles come, whereas Eves is so into studying her toys that she's content to wait. Not so today. About halfway through Jess's bottle she started to feel quite hungry herself and began to be unwilling to let mom distract her with toys! So, as you see, I'm trying to comfort her and rock her while Jess finishes up. Fortunately, he was pretty much done by the time she started to get serious about the matter, so it all worked out!
 |
| Evie gets her turn. |
Well, since two nights ago Doug treated us all to a wonderful pot of beef stew, we decided that we'd do the cooking tonight. So, we're trying to make grilled veggie pizza--grilling the veggies outside on the grill. (Oh, and, by the way, 'we' here = 'mom'.) Nothing here is quite the same though--mozzarella cheese tastes not quite like mozzarella, black olives not exactly the same, etc. etc. Knowing mom, though, it'll be good! I'll let you know tomorrow how it turned out.
Hey Susan,
ReplyDeleteguess you will have to learn some tricks for feeding two at once! Maybe you can employ your feet?
:-)
When I worked at Casa de los Ninos, sometimes I would have to feed 4+ babies at a time!! Talk to me.. I may have some suggestions!!
ReplyDelete