Today it seemed Evelyn really and finally came out of her shell. After being so sleepy and lethargic yesterday, we were delighted to arrive today to find a bundle of sound, movement, expression, and fun. She "talked" pretty much non-stop for about half of the visit: babbling, screeching, cooing. I guess she'd saved up a lot of things to say. All this was punctuated with her own razzberries (though a much more lady-like variety than those of her brother). I think we also saw more expressions on her face today than during the whole of the other days combined. Here's just a small sampling:
Even Jess is amazed at his sister!
She even decided to return Dad's kiss (actually it very quickly turned into something more like licking his cheek, but we're not picky...)


Jess too was his cute little self. A bit more sleepy than on other days and a bit
more clingy, but still a happy little guy. Both kids are finally getting used to the camera by now, in fact as you can see, they are even getting pretty darn curious about it.
In other news, our newest housemates arrived on Thursday. We've been fortunate in housemates I must say, because these guys (like the last family) are really great! (And, no, I'm not just saying that because they are invited readers to this blog!) We all went out last night to the Rainbow Cafe for a long leisurely dinner of Kabobs (so good!), salads (one was a sort of Mediterranean salad, another called "Chicago"--peas, croutons, garlic, and I don't know what), some kind of noodle soup, and 5 orders of fries. (That was an accident; we only intended to order one, but somehow got 5. I was actually pretty happy about that little mistake, though a bit embarrassed--the waitress must have thought us a little odd.) Oh and, of course, vodka--we ordered Harmony, a brand that's distilled here in Kokshetau. (Pretty much tastes like rubbing alcohol, but somehow the setting made it seem not at all bad to drink.)
We've had a little sun this afternoon after a whole week of cool weather and rain, so we explored the city a bit more. I'm sure Brent will fill you in tomorrow about some of what we're discovering with his Sunday "week in review" post.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Susan and Brent,
ReplyDeleteThis is Michael and Sophia of the Bergmann clan. We've been following the blog and have been thrilled to be able to watch you guys falling in love with the twins. What a wonderful beginning to your relationship with them. And what an honor for all of us to be a part of it in this way.
Sophia has been the most faithful daily observer of the blog. She loves news about kids and families, so this has been a real treat for her. I got caught up today after missing a few days.
I hear Jesse and Evelyn are going to have a chance to read this blog one day. So we want to give them a message: You two are extremely cute! (I know you've probably already learned that from others, but we wanted to confirm it.) It's been a delight to see all these pictures of you, and we look forward to meeting you one day. Until then, one piece of advice: trust your dad on what counts as good music.
Blessings on you,
Michael and Sophia (for Susie and Mayfawny too)
Janice here,
ReplyDeleteThis is one I used to sing to the girls before bedtime. It's from Sleeping Beauty, but, I think the lyrics apply beautifully for your family:
I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yes, I know it's true
that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
the way you did once upon a dream.
Evie and Jess seem to be falling in love with their Mom and Dad. It's beautiful.
Janice
Hi Jess and Evie,
ReplyDeleteThis is your uncle Jeff here. I've been noticing that people have been passing along some of their favorite lullabies, and wanted to send along one of my own. It's not really a lullaby, but it's something I used to sing to Ellie and Lucy, which they both like. (I learned it from a movie called 'Babe', which you guys will have to come over and watch with me some day. It's great.) Anyway, here goes:
"If I had words to make a day for you, I'd sing you a morning golden and true.
I would make this day last for all time, then fill the night deep in moonshine.
If I could make a day for you,
I'd give you a morning golden and true.
I would make this day last for all time, and give you a night deep in moonshine."
Love,
Uncle Jeff
Meemaw here! so now I have to cry over all the wonderful things in the blog comments! Everyone in little Evelyn and Jesse's life already loves them so much and have such wonderful hopes and thoughts for them. Sweet beginnings for this new family!
ReplyDeleteAs for myself and lullabyes - I used to sing "when it's springtime in the rockies...except I put in words like "when it's nignt night time for ..." Love you guys!
PS AND you know the 2nd sweetest thing in the world? first being baby laugh - is baby "kissing" you - like the way they can just lay their face on your with mouth open! You guys are living high on the hog!
ReplyDeleteThey are just so sweet - can't hardly stand it.
I love the photos of Evelyn being expressive - and the kiss! How cute!
ReplyDeleteI could live with 5 orders of fries :). Glad life in Kokshetau is still good!
Boy, they look so cute in their outfits! I'm sure Holly will provide Evie with some of her special hair clips!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget the ole' patty cake and insy winsy spider, that always seems to get babies laughing and interacting too!
They seem full of curiosity and interest in looking at you guys! They're taking it all in! I'm sure they are so happy to see you everyday! Love, Aunt Sherri
Amazing how much she is coming out of her shell in just a few hours with you guys! Awesome.
ReplyDeletehave fun with the lullabies (although they seem to fall asleep with no problem!) We liked "It's not easy being green".
:-)
Wow! Look at all those expressions! It is clear she is definitely becoming more expressive just through the photos you share.
ReplyDeleteBest Kaz vodka drink: mango juice, 7-up, and vodka. The first two ingredients are 1:1; the last part of the ratio is at your discretion. :-)