We seem to be settling into a routine (if that can be said after only 4 days). The last couple of days, when we arrive Jess and Evie are sleeping or just waking. I love being there when they just wake up...love it that when they open their eyes they find us right there with them. We then change them, taking the opportunity to give each of them a fully body massage--complete with music on the I-pod (yup, we're pampering them). Then it's time to get them dressed. (The clothes you see them wearing are clothes we provide. Each day, we bring a new outfit for them and then take home the outfit from the day before.)
Their bottle seems to come right about the time we're finishing getting them dressed, so then we give them their mid-day bottle. We alternate each day which baby we feed. After they're fed, we pretty much use the rest of the time for playing, where playing includes
Jess was pretty subdued today, alert but mostly just kicking back. (I think he may be teething, he mostly wanted to lay and chew on anything he could get his hands on.) Evelyn continues to be a quiet little flower. She's is, however, starting to "talk" to us a little each day. She loves to be held--that's pretty much what she wants as soon as she's done looking at the toys and books. Jess, on the other hand, is busier (even on a subdued day). In fact, today he just about took his own head off (and mine too!) with a rattle. Shakin' the hell outta that thing!
It wouldn't be a complete post without a glut of pictures. Here they are:
We were feeling pretty proud of ourselves, because Brent managed to ask (in Russian) for a half of salami at one of the stores while we were out and about. So, on our way back we got brave and walked into this tiny little shop to get something to drink. We got our drinks, went to the register, and paid. Once we paid, the woman started speaking to us very quickly in Russian. After looking blankly at her for a bit, I got my chance to use my own bit of Russian. I said (in Russian) "I don't understand Russian". She said "Ah" and then turned and said something to her friend, at which point her friend started talking to us. We stared blankly some more. Eventually, I thought I understood the woman asking if we were German. I said "Nyet". Then they talked to us some more. We didn't know what to do so we just smiled, nodded and walked out. Hopefully, they weren't trying to tell us that we'd not paid enough for our drinks! (They did seem extra-ordinarily cheap!) No one came chasing after us...
Well, folks I guess that's it for today's B-T baby news! Have a great Monday. We sure did.
you might be getting fewer comments on the blog itself! That is a fun thing to see - other people's reactions! You know we are eating it up out here! Love you guys so much and love to see you with your kids! Mom/Vicki and Marv :)
ReplyDeleteSusan and Brent,
ReplyDeleteI am so enjoying reading your posts. and feeling jealous. How many parents get to ease into mother/fatherhood like that? No sleepless nights, no stitches in the nether regions, free childcare for 22 hours a day. Every day you get to have a date with each other and bask in the amazing joy of being parents WHILE hearing yourselves think! maybe all children should come with a 14 day trial period? ;-) Live it up guys!
BTW, I LOVE the pic of Jesse on his tummy from a few days back. so cute.
Happy birthday to both of you I believe. What awesome gifts you have received!
all our love,
Muf
Are those itty bitty curls Evelyn has? Very cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat?! Shame on Google! :-) Good luck with the map. Very fun!
I have to say - there's not much that beats the post-nap snuggles. Your little ones look so snuggly - I really can't wait to meet them in person.
ReplyDeleteOn lullabies: it's a good thing for all of us who have forgotten the words that mommy's voice is the most important ingredient.
Can't get enough of the pics,
Maia
It sounds like a great routine! You guys are doing about everything you can do with 7 month olds. It is great that they are getting stronger and stronger.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you know "You Are My Sunshine" but that always works like a charm for me - it doesn't matter who the kid is.
A MAP! How cool is that!? Please, please share when you are done. We received Pimsleur today from Bill B. and now a map on the horizon. We are set. Why can't we leave now?