
Ever had one of those days when everything makes you unhappy? Even the things you usually really enjoy? Jesse had one of those days today. He's either teething or has a little cold (or both). After a lot of persuading he finally decided to take a nap, just what he needed.
While Jesse fussed, Evelyn had her own fun with all the toys to herself. When Jesse woke up and managed to find a toy he could be happy with, Evelyn decided it must be the perfect toy and tried to get a hold of it.
We also saw a very new mosque out on the south edge of town, and this reminds me of a correction I should make to an earlier post. Based on the info I had available I had previously told you that this country's population is about half Muslim and half Russian Orthodox. Talking to people here, I realize now that these figures are out of date. Since the breakup of the Soviet Union there's been a significant exodus of ethnic Russians (who are mostly Orthodox) from the country, the remaining population is now a greater proportion of ethnic Kazakhs and other groups (who are mostly Muslim). So, a better estimate says that the current population is about 2/3 Muslim.
Here's the answer key to the signs in my post from yesterday:
1. Dentist
2. Auto Part and Repair Shop
3. Cafe/Bar
4. Pizza Parlor
5. Market (Convenience Store)
6. Optometrist
7. Flower Shop (Called "Orchid")
8. Video Rental
9. ATM and Currency Exchange
ohhh, Jesse looks like he is literally "wringing his hands" little guy! ahhh, well, good for you to be with them through all phases. They are surely learning day by day, you guys are in for the long haul! :) meemaw
ReplyDeleteHard days are always better with a dose of mommy and daddy. I'm sure Jesse (somewhere inside) was glad to have you guys to hold and comfort him, even for a little bit.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much the twins have changed in the course of a week and a half. From the pictures alone, its so clear how attached to you and comfortable they have become - its such a wonderful transformation to see.
Give them an extra snuggle from us (and maybe a gum rub or two).
Uncle Bob says Jesse is saying "I just gotta tell you something Dad"!
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud when I read the pink bunny comment with the photo. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the answers!