I started getting sick this weekend and was finally too sick to go for my visit with Jess and Evelyn on Monday. I've gone through two boxes of sinus medicine in about 3 days. The medication, combined with sinus pressure and dry climate has contributed to the re-occurrence of nosebleeds the like of which I've not had since I was a kid. (Uggghhh.) Our water went out on Monday and was off for two days. (Makes bathing, flushing, and dealing w/ nosebleeds sorta complicated.) As of yesterday, my computer decided not to connect to the internet for 24 hours and despite an international call to my tech support man (aka Brent) we couldn't fix the problem.
But today... today.
Today, there is water. Today, I had only one nosebleed and it stopped quickly. Today, I am feeling better than yesterday, and yesterday I was better than the day before. Today, I ate a lovely lovely green salad mom made. Today, I visited the twins. And, at this moment, my computer is connecting to the internet. That's, actually, pretty exciting since I'd already decided that as long as (a) I felt well, (b) could flush the toilet, and (c) could visit the babies I had everything I needed. An internet connection too? It is a rich, rich life. My cup runneth over.
So, among these many blessings is the safe arrival of my mom, Vicki (a.k.a. "Memaw"). She's now accompanied me on two visits w/ the babies and is proving to be a very good photographer in addition to being a good cook and great travel companion. Here are some pictures from yesterday's (Tuesday's) visit. I'm going to let her do a guest blog for our next entry.
More fancy footwork. He loves just being on the floor with no blanket.A funny picture of Jess.
He was in kind of a daze yesterday and just stared at mom like this
(no blinking) for ten minutes. |

My goodness, I really missed these guys after a two days of missed visits!!!

Oh no!! So sorry you were ill! It's better when you can just use the nosebleeds as a form of personal expression...
ReplyDeleteyou and the babies look wonderful, as always. and your mom looks enthralled.
I hope to catch you on Facebook sometime soon!
Sorry to hear about your illness. Between that, the water situation, and not seeing your babies, it sounds like you went through quite a tough stretch the past couple of days.
ReplyDeleteYour ability to keep a positive attitude through all of this amazes me. It's yet another sign (as if we needed one) of what a great mom you're going to be!
So happy for you BOTH and the babies! You all look like you're doing great. Sorry Susan about your water issues and most especially about your illness and I am glad you are better! Just think when you get home with the kids there will be no more taking sick days!
ReplyDeleteI am so very thankful to have a full report on the food offerings of K Country!
Looks like you are settling in Vicki! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and charming all of Kokshetau.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos as always. Evelyn has really changed. So cute that she was "chatting."
Sorry you were sick and didn't have water - no fun.
Wow, talk about no fun! And all of it happening at the same time. I'm glad you are feeling well again and that your mom arrived safely.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see pictures of the babies again too! :-)
Jess really looks like he's going to be a mover and shaker. Better have Brent start bolting the furniture to the floors and walls now. :-)