Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Visit Day 6: Evie and the Razz Man

Maybe not headline news (especially to experienced parents), but we're pretty excited about ess's new trick: making razz sounds. [Sadly, the video recording of this fancy cannot be displayed in a book, but the video is on file!] 


As I think back on today's visit, what stands out to me as most notable are sounds. Not just the one you heard in the linked video (though we heard LOTS of that), but many others too. For example, when we first showed up and I picked up Jess, he showed his pleasure by laughing out loud again and again as I greeted and nuzzled him. At various points throughout the visit he coo-ed, babbled (just a bit), gave high-pitched frustrated squeals (apparently he'd rather have us hand him toys than to have to roll toward them), shared with Brent a little about how his teeth bother him, made loud gulpy-humming-hungry sounds when eating, and, later, quiet humming sounds while I was singing (Ok, humming) him to sleep. 


Evelyn watches much of his antics with interest, but has decided that the razz sound just isn't very dignified. She too, however, is vocalizing a bit--though, with her, it's mostly just a soft cooing here and there (especially during her change and massage).

We ended up having about a 3 hour visit today(!) and enjoyed every minute. It was pretty much the same routine--which is exhilarating to us but isn't much to write about (again). So I'll pass over any more narrative and just hand over the pictures:

For how easily this guy smiles, it's incredibly hard to get it on camera.
He gets shy when the camera comes out.
This is just a half-smile (when he's really smiling his whole mouth is wide open), but it's the best I could do!
Little J-man

My bright-eyed girl.

Gives a sense of scale doesn't it?

I know we have lots of pictures of Evelyn sleeping, but it's so cute!
The girl knows how to take a nap.

Dad putting Jess's socks on.













One last order of business before signing off. Some of you have told us that you've had some difficulty logging on--that when you try you get a message saying that only 100 viewers are permitted and that we've exceeded our limit. This shouldn't be the case. (We're getting close to our 100 reader limit, but we're not there yet.) The problem (we think) is that some of you may logging on as guests instead of accepting the invitation we sent to you and signing on as invited readers. So, essentially, you're being counted twice (i.e. as an invited reader and as a guest). If you're logging on as a guest, could you sign in instead by accepting the invitation (we sent it via email) and logging on as an invited reader? If you'd like me to resend the invitation let me know (suescbt@gmail.com).


See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Alright, Jesse -- learning the call of the wild :) You're making your uncle proud. (Sorry, Evie, I know it's not very dignified.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Meemaw here! I think they are doing great in the developmental stuff! Those razz berries are right up there! I can tell you have little Evie all snugged up with blanket etc. I can just see you "puttering" around them! Love you LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the Razzberries!! Wait until he does it with a mouth full of food, watch out!! Evie sure seems like an old soul, you are not kidding about bright eyes. She is just beautiful and Jesse is quite a doll. I think he is going to be quite the stinker!!

    ReplyDelete